Where: Venezuela (9.9° N, 66.9° W: paleocoordinates 8.4° N, 61.7° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Roblecito Formation, Oligocene (33.9 - 23.0 Ma)
• LITHOSTRATIGRAPHY: From the Roblecito Formation, for which lithsotratigraphic relations are not discussed. AGE: Late Eocene-Early Miocene; justification unknown; placed in Oligocene by enterer on the basis of known stratigraphic ranges of constituent taxa. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From unknown position within section.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; lithology not reported
Size class: macrofossils
Reposited in the NMB
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: Unknown. REPOSITORY: Naturhistorisches Museum Basel, Switzerland (NMB).
Primary reference: J. Gibson-Smith and W. Gibson-Smith. 2012. Unpublished notes on Caribbean collection of Jack and Winifred Gibson-Smith, Naturhistorisches Museum Basel. [A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: general faunal/floral analysis
PaleoDB collection 134837: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 17.10.2012
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)