Where: Peru (14.7° S, 75.3° W: paleocoordinates 17.0° S, 67.8° W)
• coordinate stated in text
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Yamaque Formation, Late/Upper Eocene (37.2 - 33.9 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From the Chilcatay Fm, which regionally, unconformably overlies the Otuma Fm (Oligocene) and is unconformably overlain by the Pisco Fm (Middle Miocene-Late Pliocene). AGE: Late Eocene on the basis of radiometric dates. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From sandstones near base of section, above bedrock.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; lithified sandstone
Size class: macrofossils
Preservation: original aragonite, original calcite
Collected by DeVries; reposited in the UMMP
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: DeVries. REPOSITORY: Either UWBM, Washington, or MUSM, Peru.
Primary reference: T. J. DeVries. 1998. Oligocene deposition and Cenozoic sequence boundaries in the Pisco Basin (Peru). Journal of South American Earth Sciences 11(3):217-231 [A. Miller/A. Hendy/M. Uhen]more details
Purpose of describing collection: biostratigraphic analysis
PaleoDB collection 41615: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 18.07.2004
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)