Where: Grenada (12.4° N, 61.5° W: paleocoordinates 12.2° N, 60.3° W)
• coordinate estimated from map
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Belmont Formation, Early/Lower Miocene (23.0 - 16.0 Ma)
• The principal, nominal sedimentary units of the mid-Tertiary succession of Carriacou are the Belmont Formation (lower Miocene), Kendeace Formation (lower Miocene), Carriacou Formation (middle Miocene) and Grand Bay Formation (middle Miocene). The collection originates undifferentiated Belmont Formation, which forms the oldest part of the Carriacou Miocene succession.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: coastalpoorly lithified
Size class: macrofossils
Reposited in the NMB
• Naturhistorisches Museum, Basel, Switzerland.
Primary reference: P. Jung. 1971. Fossil mollusks from Carriacou, West Indies. Bulletins of American Paleontology 61(269):1-262 [A. Miller/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 58689: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 21.02.2006, edited by Uta Merkel
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)