Where: Decatur County, Georgia (30.9° N, 84.6° W: paleocoordinates 31.0° N, 78.1° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Flint River Formation, Early/Lower Oligocene (33.9 - 28.4 Ma)
• From upper bed. Assigned to Lower Oligocene (Rupelinan) by Scott et al. 2001 following mapping by Cooke (1945).
• group of beds-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: shallow subtidal; lithified, cherty/siliceous limestone
Size class: macrofossils
Preservation: cast, mold/impression, replaced with silica
Reposited in the USNM
Collection methods: quarrying,
• Collected by Vaughan, Cooke and Mansfield (1914). Reposted in USNM collections.
Primary reference: W. H. Dall. 1916. A contribution to the invertebrate fauna of the Oligocene beds of Flint, River. Proceedings of the United States National Museum 51(2162):487-524 [A. Miller/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 60835: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 24.05.2006
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)