Where: Dominican Republic (19.5° N, 71.3° W: paleocoordinates 19.5° N, 70.9° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• small collection-level geographic resolution
When: Gurabo Formation, Zanclean (5.3 - 3.6 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From Gurabo Fm, which overlies the Cercado Fm, and is overlain by the Mao Fm (Pliocene). AGE: Late Miocene-Early Pliocene, based on Table 1 of Saunders et al. (1986); assigned to ; direct date extrapolated from Cheetham et al. (1999) and Saunders et al. (1986). THICKNESS: Unknown. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: Unknown position within section.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: shallow subtidal; unlithified siliciclastic sediments
Size class: macrofossils
Preservation: original aragonite, original calcite
Reposited in the PRI
Collection methods: bulk, sieve,
• COLLECTOR: E. Vokes. REPOSITORY: PRI. FIDELITY: Moderate ecological fidelity.
Primary reference: A. J. W. Hendy, D. P. Buick, K. V. Bulinski, C. A. Ferguson, and A. I. Miller. 2008. Unpublished census data from Atlantic coastal plain and circum-Caribbean Neogene assemblages and taxonomic opinions. [A. Hendy/A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: paleoecologic analysis
PaleoDB collection 74968: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 09.09.2007, edited by Uta Merkel and Mihaela Krause
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)