Where: Iran (36.2° N, 50.6° E: paleocoordinates 35.1° N, 49.1° E)
• coordinate stated in text
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Qom Formation, Early/Lower Miocene (23.0 - 16.0 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From Qom Fm, which overlies the continental Lower Red Fm. THICKNESS: Unknown thickness. AGE: Qom Fm is Late Chattian-Early Miocene at this section (Mandic et al. 1997), and is here assigned an Early Miocene age based on interpretation of faunal ranges in Harzhauser (2004). STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From unknown position within unit, probably near top.
• group of beds-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: lagoonal or restricted shallow subtidal; poorly lithified marl
Size class: macrofossils
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: F. Steininger and M. Harzhauser (~2004). REPOSITORY: Museum of Natural History, Viena (MNHW).
Primary reference: M. Harzhauser. 2004. Oligocene gastropod faunas for the Eastern Mediterranean (Mesohellenic Trough/Greece and Esfahan-Sirjan Basin/Central Iran). Courier Forschungsinstitut Senckenberg 248:93-181 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 76264: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 16.11.2007
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)