Where: Peru (16.7° S, 72.4° W: paleocoordinates 17.6° S, 67.7° W)
• coordinate stated in text
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Camana Formation, Early/Lower Miocene (23.0 - 16.0 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC DATA: From Camana Formation, which overlies the Lower Moquegua Fm or Paracas Fm (of Caraveli 1983), and is time-transgressive with the Upper Moquegua and Hualillas fms . AGE: Latest Oligocene-early Middle Miocene. Authors assign collection to the Early Miocene. STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: Unknown position within formation.
• group of beds-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: coastal; lithified, shelly/skeletal sandstone
Size class: macrofossils
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTORS: T.J. DeVries (multiple years). REPOSITORY: Mueo de Historia Natural, Universidad Ricardo Palma, Lima, Peru.
Primary reference: T. J. DeVries. 2001. Molluscan evidence for an Oligocene-Miocene age of 'Paracas' beds in southern Peru. Boletín de la Sociedad Geológica del Peru 92:57-65 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy/P. Wagner]more details
Purpose of describing collection: biostratigraphic analysis
PaleoDB collection 76640: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 27.11.2007
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)