Also known as 58 0/13, C.3
Where: Sri Lanka (9.8° N, 80.0° E: paleocoordinates 2.2° N, 76.1° E)
• coordinate stated in text
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Early/Lower Miocene (23.0 - 16.0 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From unknown lithostratigraphic unit (not stated in text) and hence lithostratigraphic relationships are unknown. AGE: Early Miocene, based on faunal correlations with lower Gaj of Pakistan and India.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Size class: macrofossils
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: Wayland or Davies (c. 1920). REPOSITORY: Presumably BMNH.
Primary reference: F. E. Eames. 1950. On the ages of certain Upper Tertiary beds of Peninsula India and Ceylon. Geological Magazine 87:233-252 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: biostratigraphic analysis
PaleoDB collection 77646: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 16.01.2008
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)