Also known as DDH 13/7 (52.83-54.86 m)
Where: Fiji (17.8° S, 177.5° E: paleocoordinates 19.3° S, 177.3° E)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Mba Group, Late/Upper Pliocene (3.6 - 2.6 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: Estimated to be from the Mba Group, which overlies the Koroimavua Group (?Early Pliocene), and is overlain by the Verata Group (?Early Pleistocene). AGE: Late Pliocene on the basis of foraminiferal biostratigraphy and stratigraphic position. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From 52.83-54.86 m in drill core.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: poorly lithified lithology not reported
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by Rodda; reposited in the USNM
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTORS: Rodda. REPOSITORY: USNM (formely USGS collections).
Primary reference: H. S. Ladd. 1982. Cenozoic fossil mollusks from Western Pacific Islands; Gastropods (Volutidae through Terebridae). United States Geological Survey Professional Paper 1171:1-100 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 78108: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 28.01.2008
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)