Also known as Station 41
Where: Walton County, Florida (30.7° N, 86.1° W: paleocoordinates 31.0° N, 83.4° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Shoal River Formation (Alum Bluff Group), Serravallian (13.8 - 11.6 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From the Shoal River Fm of the Alum Bluff, which lies between the Chipola Fm (Early Miocene) and the Chochtawatchee Fm [Early Pliocene). AGE: Early Miocene (Gardener 1947); Middle Miocene in Vokes (1990) and Portell et al. (2006), although Jones et al. (1993) reports 87Sr/86Sr ratios that yielded average age estimates of 12.4 Ma [=Serravalian]. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From unknown position within formation.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: coastal; unlithified, calcareous marl and unlithified, calcareous sandstone
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by Harris et al. in 1935; reposited in the PRI
Collection methods: bulk, sieve,
• COLLECTOR: G.D. Harris, R.H. Flowers and K.V.W. Palmer, 1935. REPOSITORY: PRI, Ithaca NY. COMMENTS: Replicate 1 of 3 splits from PRI Loc. 1596.
Primary reference: A. J. W. Hendy, D. P. Buick, K. V. Bulinski, C. A. Ferguson, and A. I. Miller. 2008. Unpublished census data from Atlantic coastal plain and circum-Caribbean Neogene assemblages and taxonomic opinions. [A. Hendy/A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: paleoecologic analysis
PaleoDB collection 80021: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 01.04.2008, edited by Kate Bulinski
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)