Where: Puerto Rico (18.5° N, 67.0° W: paleocoordinates 18.4° N, 65.9° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Quebradillas Limestone Formation, Middle Miocene (16.0 - 11.6 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From the Quebradillas Limestone, which regionally overlie the Ponce chalky beds [subsequently referred to as Ponce Fm], and is laterally related to the Oak Grove Sands (Florida). AGE: Early-Middle Miocene based on macro- and microfaunal biostratigraphy in text. Here assigned to Middle Miocene based on more recent dating. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From unknown position within formation.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: lithified limestone
Size class: macrofossils
Preservation: cast, mold/impression
Collected by Reeds in 1915
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: C. Reeds (AMNH), 1915. REPOSITORY: Not stated, but is likely to be AMNH, New York.
Primary reference: C. J. Maury. 1920. Tertiary Mollusca from Porto Rico. Scientific Survey of Porto Rico and the Virgin Islands 3(1):1-78 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 80244: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 09.04.2008
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)