Where: Sarasota County, Florida (27.3° N, 82.5° W: paleocoordinates 27.4° N, 81.9° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Pinecrest Member (Tamiami Formation), Late/Upper Pliocene (3.6 - 2.6 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From Pinecrest beds ?=Pinecrest Mbr. AGE: Late Pliocene; Middle Pliocene in text. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From Bed 3 (4 ft thickness), near middle of section.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: reef, buildup or bioherm; unlithified, shelly/skeletal sandstone
Size class: macrofossils
Preservation: original aragonite
Collection methods: surface (float),
• COLLECTOR: Multiple collectors. REPOSITORY: Florida State University, Dept. of Geology.
Primary reference: N. E. Weisbord. 1972. Creusia neogenica, a new species of coral-inhabiting barnacle from Florida. Tulane Studies in Geology and Paleontology 10(1):59-64 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 92739: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 27.11.2009
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)