Where: Orleans County, Louisiana (30.1° N, 90.0° W: paleocoordinates 30.1° N, 90.0° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Holocene (0.0 - 0.0 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From the New Orleans barrier trend, which overlies the Michoud Fm (Holocene), and is overlain by the St Bernards delta complex. AGE: Holocene. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From 4.5-6.0 m in section.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: shoreface; unlithified, argillaceous sandstone and unlithified, sandy claystone
Size class: macrofossils
Preservation: original aragonite
Collected by Mollyn
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: G. Mollyn. REPOSITORY: Unknown.
Primary reference: W. Miller III. 1983. Stratigraphy of newly exposed Quaternary sediments, eastern Orleans Parish, Louisiana. Tulane Studies in Geology and Paleontology 17(3-4):85-104 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 92776: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 28.11.2009
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)