Where: India (23.4° N, 68.8° E: paleocoordinates 5.8° N, 61.8° E)
• coordinate estimated from map
• local area-level geographic resolution
When: Harudi Formation, Lutetian (47.8 - 41.3 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From Harudi Fm, which unconformably overlies the Naredi Fm (Late Paleocene-early Eocene) and is conformably overlain by the Fulra Fm (Middle to early Late Eocene). AGE: Lutetian (early Middle Eocene). Biostratigraphic assignment based on larger foraminifera (see Biswas, 1992). STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From unknown position within formation.
• formation-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; poorly lithified limestone and poorly lithified claystone
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by Guha, Gopikrisha in 2005; reposited in the GSI
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTORs: Guha and Gopikrisha (2005). REPOSITORY: Central Fossil Repository of the Geological Survey of India, Kolkata, India. PREPARATION TECHNIQUES: Ultrasonic cleaning.
Primary reference: A. K. Guha and K. Gipikrishna. 2007. New fossil steginoporellid and schizoporellid species (Bryozoa, Cheilostomata) from the Tertiary sequences of western Kachchh, Gujarat and their significance. Journal of the Geological Society of India 69:803-812 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 76316: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 18.11.2007
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)