Also known as PPP# 1594; PJ 2180; 94-33-02
Where: Darien, Panama (8.4° N, 77.6° W: paleocoordinates 8.2° N, 76.3° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Tuira Formation, Tortonian (11.6 - 7.2 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From Tuira Fm, for which lithostratigraphic relationships are not discussed. AGE: Middle Miocene, in text; subsequent publications suggest late Miocene or early Pliocene age; Coates et al. (2004) suggests a Tortonian age (11.2-8.3 Ma). STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From unknown position within section.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: coastal; lithology not reported
Size classes: macrofossils, mesofossils
Collected by Jung & Heitz in 1994; reposited in the NMB
Collection methods: bulk, surface (float), surface (in situ), sieve,
• COLLECTOR: Peter Jung, Antoine Heitz et al., 11.3.1994. REPOSITORY: NMB, Basel.
Primary reference: B. Landau and C. Marques da Silva. 2010. Early Pliocene gastropods of Cubagua, Venezuela: Taxonomy, palaeobiogeography and ecostratigraphy. Palaeontos 19:1-221 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 111206: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 21.06.2011
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)