Also known as CJ-94-09-01
Where: Darien, Panama (7.9° N, 77.5° W: paleocoordinates 7.5° N, 75.8° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Tuira Formation, Tortonian (11.6 - 7.2 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From Tuira Fm, for which lithostratigraphic relationships are not discussed. AGE: Middle Miocene, in text; subsequent publications suggest late Miocene or early Pliocene age; Coates et al. (2004) suggests a Tortonian age (11.2-8.3 Ma). STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From 395 m in the Lower and Upper Chico River section.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: coastal; lithology not reported
Size classes: macrofossils, mesofossils
Collected by Coates & Jackson in 1994
Collection methods: bulk, surface (float), surface (in situ), sieve,
• COLLECTOR: A. Coates & J. Jackson, 26.2.1994. REPOSITORY: NMB, Basel.
Primary reference: B. Landau and C. Marques da Silva. 2010. Early Pliocene gastropods of Cubagua, Venezuela: Taxonomy, palaeobiogeography and ecostratigraphy. Palaeontos 19:1-221 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 111208: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 21.06.2011
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)