Where: Esmeraldas, Ecuador (1.0° N, 79.7° W: paleocoordinates 0.7° N, 78.9° W)
• coordinate estimated from map
• local area-level geographic resolution
When: Onzole Formation, Early/Lower Pliocene (5.3 - 3.6 Ma)
• LITHOSTRATIGRAPHY: From the Onzole Fm, for which lithostratigraphic relationships are not discussed. AGE: Early Pliocene. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: Composite list for formation.
• formation-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: coastal; lithology not reported
Size class: macrofossils
Preservation: original aragonite
Collection methods: surface (float), surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: Unknown. REPOSITORY: Not stated in text.
Primary reference: B. Landau and C. Marques da Silva. 2010. Early Pliocene gastropods of Cubagua, Venezuela: Taxonomy, palaeobiogeography and ecostratigraphy. Palaeontos 19:1-221 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 111211: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 21.06.2011
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)