Where: Panama (8.3° N, 82.9° W: paleocoordinates 8.2° N, 82.6° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• local area-level geographic resolution
When: Armuelles Formation (Charco Azul Group), Early/Lower Pleistocene (2.6 - 0.8 Ma)
• LITHOSTRATIGRAPHY: From the Armuelles Formation. AGE: Pleistocene, according to Ingle (1985) on the basis of microfossils; direct date estimated based on other collections from the Armuelles Formation. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From unknown position within section.
• formation-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: coastal; unlithified, shelly/skeletal, sandy conglomerate
Size class: macrofossils
Reposited in the PRI
Collection methods: surface (float), surface (in situ),
• COLLECTORS: Not stated in text. REPOSITORIES: Unknown.
Primary reference: B. Landau and C. Marques da Silva. 2010. Early Pliocene gastropods of Cubagua, Venezuela: Taxonomy, palaeobiogeography and ecostratigraphy. Palaeontos 19:1-221 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 111213: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 21.06.2011
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)