Where: Grenada (12.5° N, 61.4° W: paleocoordinates 12.2° N, 60.2° W)
• coordinate estimated from map
• local area-level geographic resolution
When: Kendace Calcareous Silt Member (Belmont Formation), Early/Lower Miocene (23.0 - 16.0 Ma)
• The principal, nominal sedimentary units of the mid-Tertiary succession of Carriacou are the Belmont Formation (lower Miocene), Kendeace Formation (lower Miocene), Carriacou Formation (middle Miocene) and Grand Bay Formation (middle Miocene). The collection originates from the Kendace Calcareous Silt Member of the Belmont Fm. Jung (1971) assigns an Early Miocene age. The age is determined relative (underlying) to the Grand Bay Formation, as the other units are small and poorly preserved.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: deep-water; poorly lithified, calcareous siltstone
Size class: macrofossils
Reposited in the NMB
Collection methods: surface (float), surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: Unknown. REPOSITORY: Probably, Naturhistorisches Museum, Basel, Switzerland.
Primary reference: B. Landau and C. Marques da Silva. 2010. Early Pliocene gastropods of Cubagua, Venezuela: Taxonomy, palaeobiogeography and ecostratigraphy. Palaeontos 19:1-221 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 111216: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 21.06.2011
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)