Where: Greenland (74.1° N, 23.0° W: paleocoordinates 30.8° S, 48.9° W)
• coordinate estimated from map
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Bastion Formation, Dyeran (516.0 - 513.0 Ma)
• SPECIFIC COMMENTS: Collection is from the base of the upper (shale) part of the Bastion Formation.
•GENERAL COMMENTS: The Kloftelv Formation is overlain by the fossiliferous Bastion and Ella Island foramtions, both of middle Dyerian age (late Early Camrbian, equivalent of the Botomian). The Bastion Formation is 150 m thick at Athe Albert Heim Bjerge locality is mainly galuconite-rich sandstone and siltstone in the lower part and shale with minor carbonate in its upper part.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; shale
Size class: macrofossils
Collection methods: bulk, chemical, acetic, sieve,
• Rock samples were dissolve in buffered 10 percent acetic acid to retrieve acid-resistent microfossils. The resulting residues were sieved and the heavy mineral fraction separated using sodium polytungstate. All specimens are housed in the Geological Museum in Copenhagen (MGUH)
Primary reference: C. B. Skovsted and L.E. Holmer. 2005. Early Cambrian brachiopods from north-east Greenland. Palaeontology 48(2):325-345 [A. Miller/A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 49465: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 16.04.2005
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)