Where: Santa Barbara County, California (34.0° N, 120.0° W: paleocoordinates 32.6° N, 111.8° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Volcanic Arenite Member (Vaqueros Formation), Chattian (28.1 - 23.0 Ma)
• The Vaqueros Formation is subdivided into two units on Santa Cruz Island, a lower conglomerate unit and an upper volcanic arenite. The collection is from the volcanic arenite, which overlies the conglomerate.
• member-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: coastal; lithified, medium-grained, volcaniclastic, brown sandstone
Size class: macrofossils
Collection methods: quarrying,
• Reported by Bereskin and Edward. Not sure of any repositories.
Primary reference: D. E. Weaver. 1969. Geology of the Northern Channel Islands. American Association of Petroleum Geologists - Pacific Section [A. Miller/A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: biostratigraphic analysis
PaleoDB collection 52418: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 04.08.2005
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)