Also known as Sando et al. Meadow Ranch Loc.8
Where: Carbon County, Wyoming (41.8° N, 107.3° W: paleocoordinates 2.2° N, 36.3° W)
• coordinate estimated from map
• small collection-level geographic resolution
When: Horseshoe Member (Amsden Formation), Morrowan (318.1 - 314.6 Ma)
• Limestone bed 46-46.5 ft above base of Amsden Fm.
• group of beds-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: offshore; lithified, red, silty, sandy, calcareous shale and gypsiferous, shelly/skeletal limestone
Reposited in the USGS
• "Collected by W.J. Sando and K.R. Moore, 1964."
Primary reference: W. J. Sando, M. Gordon, Jr., and J. T. Dutro. 1975. Stratigraphy and geologic history of the Amsden Formation (Mississippian and Pennsylvanian) of Wyoming. United States Geological Survey Professional Paper 848A:1-83 [J. Alroy/M. Sommers/M. Uhen]more details
Purpose of describing collection: biostratigraphic analysis
PaleoDB collection 5680: authorized by John Alroy, entered by Mike Sommers on 15.11.1999, edited by Matthew Clapham
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)