Where: Trinidad and Tobago (10.5° N, 61.2° W: paleocoordinates 10.3° N, 59.8° W)
• coordinate stated in text
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Late/Upper Miocene (11.6 - 5.3 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From unknown lithostratigraphic unit. THICKNESS: Unknown AGE: Stated to be "Upper Miocene" in text, but potentially could be younger in more recent revisions; a Late Miocene age is assigned here. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: Unknown position.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; unlithified siliciclastic sediments
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by Penny, Bullbrook; reposited in the USNM
• COLLECTORS: F. W. Penny and J. A. Bullbrook (unknown date, but presumably during the 1910's-early 1920's). REPOSITORY: USNM.
Primary reference: W. C. Mansfield. 1925. Miocene gastropods and scaphopods from Trinidad, British West Indies. Proceedings of the United States National Museum 66(22):9116-9125 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 74955: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 08.09.2007
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)