Where: Pakistan (25.0° N, 66.9° E: paleocoordinates 19.3° N, 66.3° E)
• coordinate stated in text
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Gaj Formation, Early/Lower Miocene (23.0 - 16.0 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From Gaj Fm, which conformably overlies the Nari Fm (Oligocene), and is unconformably overlain by the Nagri Fm (Late Miocene-Early Pliocene). THICKNESS: Ranges between 615-1384 m. AGE: Iqbal (1980) is inconsistent in stating age, with Late Miocene in text, but Early Miocene (Aquitanian) in figures. An Early Miocene age is assigned. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: Unknown position within Gaj Fm.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: offshore; poorly lithified, ferruginous, gypsiferous, brown, gray, green, red, argillaceous, sandy shale
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by Iqbar in 1966
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: M. W. A. Iqbar (1966). REPOSITORY: Geological Survey of Pakistan.
Primary reference: M. W. A. Iqbal. 1980. Oligo-Miocene bivalves and gastropods from Kirthar Province, lower Indus Basin, Pakistan. Records of the Geological Society of Pakistan 51:1-59 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: biostratigraphic analysis
PaleoDB collection 77457: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 12.01.2008
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)