Where: Hempstead County, Arkansas (33.9° N, 93.6° W: paleocoordinates 37.9° N, 65.3° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Nostoceras hyatti ammonoid zone, Saratoga Chalk Formation (Navarro Group), Late/Upper Campanian (83.5 - 70.6 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From the Saratoga Chalk, which regionally overlies the Marlbrook Marl, and is overlain by the Nacatoch Sand Fm, all of the Navarro Gp. AGE: Late Campanian on the basis of ammonite biostratigraphy; Nostoceras hyatti zone. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From basal part of formation.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: lithified lime mudstone and lithified, calcareous sandstone
Size class: macrofossils
Preservation: cast, mold/impression
Collected by Clardy et al. in 1975; reposited in the USNM
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: B.F. Clardy R.E Burkholder, and W.A. Cobban, 1974. REPOSITORY: USNM, Washington DC.
Primary reference: W. J. Kennedy and W. A. Cobban. 1993. Ammonites from the Saratoga Chalk (Upper Cretaceous), Arkansas. Journal of Paleontology 67(3):404-434 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 83050: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 06.08.2008
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)