Where: England, United Kingdom (50.9° N, 3.2° W: paleocoordinates 39.3° N, 2.4° E)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Lower Greensand Formation, Albian (113.0 - 100.5 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From the the Lower Greensand, for which lithostratigraphic relationships are not discussed. AGE: Albian, on the basis of ammonite biostratigraphy. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From unknown position within local section.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: coastal; lithified sandstone
Size class: macrofossils
Reposited in the BMNH
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: Not stated in text. REPOSITORY: British Museum (Natural History).
Primary reference: H. L. Abbass. 1962. The english Cretaceous Turritellide and Mathildidae (Gastropoda). Bulletin of the British Museum (Natural History), Geology 7(6):175-196 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 86977: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 26.02.2009, edited by Loic Villier
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)