Where: Paraíba, Brazil (7.3° S, 34.8° W: paleocoordinates 11.4° S, 19.6° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Maastrichtian (72.1 - 66.0 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From unknown lithostratigraphic unit. AGE: Maastrichtian, on the basis of ammonite biostratigraphy; Roudairia zone. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From unknown position within local stratigraphic section.
•JA: originally entered by Hendy as Campanian but comment clearly says Maastrichtian, so I've changed the entry
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: lithified, gray limestone
Size class: macrofossils
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: Unknown. REPOSITORY: Geological Survey of Brazil.
Primary reference: C. J. Maury. 1930. O Cretaceo da Parahyba do Norte. Serviço Geologico E Mineralogico do Brasil Monographia 8:1-305 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 88074: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 31.03.2009
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)