Where: Dominican Republic (19.3° N, 70.8° W: paleocoordinates 19.1° N, 69.6° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• small collection-level geographic resolution
When: Baitoa Formation, Early/Lower Miocene (23.0 - 16.0 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From Baitoa Fm, which unconformably underlies the Cercardo, and overlies unconformably the Tabera Fm. AGE: Early Miocene, based on Table 1 of Saunders et al. (1986). STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: Unknown position within formation.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: coastal; poorly lithified siliciclastic sediments
Size class: macrofossils
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: Unknown. REPOSITORY: Probably ANSP.
Primary reference: H. E. Vokes and E. H. Vokes. 1968. Variation in the genus Orthaulax (Mollusca: Gastropoda). Tulane Studies in Geology and Paleontology 6(2):71-84 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 92450: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 13.11.2009
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)