Where: Venezuela (11.0° N, 69.8° W: paleocoordinates 10.7° N, 68.4° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• local area-level geographic resolution
When: Urumaco Formation, Late/Upper Miocene (11.6 - 5.3 Ma)
• LITHOSTRATIGRAPHY: From the Urumaco Formation, for which lithsotratigraphic relations are not discussed. AGE: Late Miocene in Venezuelan Lexicon; Middle-Late Miocene in Woodring (1982). STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From unknown position within section.
• formation-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; siliciclastic sediments
Size class: macrofossils
Collection methods: quarrying,
• COLLECTORS: Unknown. REPOSITORY: Unknown.
Primary reference: W. P. Woodring. 1957. Geology and Paleontology of Canal Zone and adjoining parts of Panama. United States Geological Survey Professional Paper 306(A) [A. Miller/A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 96488: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 09.06.2010
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)