Where: Colombia (10.8° N, 75.0° W: paleocoordinates 10.4° N, 73.5° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• local area-level geographic resolution
When: Usiacurí Formation, Late/Upper Miocene (11.6 - 5.3 Ma)
• LITHOSTRATIGRAPHY: From the Usiacurí Formation, for which lithsotratigraphic relations are not discussed. AGE: Late Miocene. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From unknown position within section.
• formation-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; siliciclastic sediments
Size class: macrofossils
Collection methods: quarrying,
• COLLECTORS: Unknown. REPOSITORY: Unknown.
Primary reference: W. P. Woodring. 1982. Geology and paleontology of canal zone and adjoing parts of Panama: Description of Tertiary mollusks (Pelecypods: Propeamussiidae to Cuspidariidae). United States Geological Survey Professional Paper 306(F) [A. Miller/A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 96500: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 09.06.2010
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)