Reptilia - Squamata - Scincidae
Parent taxon: Scincinae according to M. A. Norell 1989
See also Carroll 1988, Cope 1875, Estes 1983 and Estes and Tihen 1964
Sister taxa: Chalcides, Gongylomorphus
Subtaxa: Eumeces antiquus Eumeces capito Eumeces fasciatus Eumeces minimus
Ecology: ground dwelling insectivore
• Quaternary of China (1 collection), United States (17: California, Florida, Kansas, Maryland, South Dakota, Texas, Virginia, West Virginia)
• Blancan of United States (6: California, Kansas, Nebraska)
• Pliocene of Morocco (1)
• Hemphillian of United States (1: Arizona)
• Miocene of Morocco (1), Ukraine (1), United States (11: Kansas, Louisiana, Nebraska, South Dakota, Texas)
• Harrisonian of United States (1: Nebraska)
Total: 40 collections including 45 occurrences
Show more details
Specimen images are retrieved through the ePANDDA API.
Click image to enlarge. Click to access iDigBio record.