Also known as Record 67
Where: Douglas County, Oregon (43.0° N, 123.1° W: paleocoordinates 41.2° N, 72.2° W)
• coordinate stated in text
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Days Creek Formation, Valanginian (139.8 - 132.9 Ma)
• From Days Creek Formation. This is possibly a component of the Myrtle Group. The Myrtle Group consists of Late Jurassic and Early to Middle Cretaceos turbidite and mass flow deposits considered to be either arc basin and or post-orogenic flysch basins syntectonic with waning phases of arc collapse. Macrofossil biostratigraphy suggests an Early-Middle Valanginian age.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: basinal (); lithified wackestone
Size class: macrofossils
Collection methods: quarrying,
• Unknown collector (WR?). Collections presumably reposited at USGS Menlo Park or USNM.
Primary reference: R. E. Wells, A. S. Jayko, A.R. Niem, G. Black, T. Wiley, E. Baldwin, K. Molenaar, K.L. Wheeler, C.B. DuRoss and R.W. Givler. 2000. Geologic Map and Database of the Roseburg 30 x 60' Quadrangle, Douglas and Coos Counties, Oregon. United States Geological Survey Open-File Report 00-367 [A. Miller/A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: biostratigraphic analysis
PaleoDB collection 52308: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 03.08.2005
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)