Where: Myanmar (21.7° N, 94.2° E: paleocoordinates 13.3° N, 95.1° E)
• coordinate stated in text
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Yaw Formation, Late/Upper Eocene (37.2 - 33.9 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC DATA: Unknown stratigraphic data other than approximating Upper Eocene in age.
• formation-level stratigraphic resolution
Size class: macrofossils
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTORS: Include R. Bahadur, S. R. Rau, and the Burma Oil Co. and British Burma Petroleum Co. REPOSITORY: Unknown, probably Geological Survey of India, or BMNH.
Primary reference: E. Vredenburg. 1921. Comparative diagnoses of Conidae and Cancellariidae from the Tertiary formations of Burma. Records of the Geological Survey of India 53:130-141 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 76602: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 24.11.2007
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)