Where: Colombia (9.8° N, 75.2° W: paleocoordinates 7.2° N, 67.7° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Bartonian (41.3 - 38.0 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From a unit referred to as the Carmen section of the Eocene, for which lithostratigraphic relations are unclear. AGE: Eocene, though not clear; age assignment reassigned based on the known biostratigraphic ranges of constituent taxa in more recent literature; here assigned to Bartonian (early Middle Eocene), but it is acknowledged that considerable constituent taxa have known age ranges extending (but not exclusive) to the Late Eocene and Ypresian. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From Horizon F of the Carmen section.
• group of beds-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: coastal; poorly lithified, concretionary shale and lithified, concretionary sandstone
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by Anderson
• COLLECTOR: F. Anderson, c. 1920's. REPOSITORY: California Academy of Sciences.
Primary reference: F. M. Anderson. 1928. Notes on Lower Tertiary deposits of Colombia and their molluscan and foraminiferal fauna. Proceedings of the California Academy of Sciences 17(1):1-29 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 88278: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 06.04.2009
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)