Where: Marshall Islands (11.4° N, 162.4° E: paleocoordinates 7.0° N, 172.4° E)
• coordinate estimated from map
• small collection-level geographic resolution
When: Middle Miocene (16.0 - 11.6 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From an undifferentiated lithostratigraphic unit. AGE: Middle Miocene, on the basis of foraminiferal biostratigraphy and stratigraphic position. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: A composite list from several beds within this section of drill core, from 900-1000 ft.
• group of beds-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: unlithified, shelly/skeletal carbonate
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by ONR and USGS in 1952; reposited in the USNM
Collection methods: core,
• COLLECTOR: Office of Naval Research and USGS, 1952. REPOSITORY: USNM.
Primary reference: H. S. Ladd. 1966. Chitons and Gastropods (Haliotidae through Adeorbidae) from Western Pacific Islands. United States Geological Survey Professional Paper 531:1-98 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy/J. Millet]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 77978: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 24.01.2008
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)