Also known as DC 92
Where: Dominican Republic (18.5° N, 71.7° W: paleocoordinates 18.5° N, 71.6° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Pleistocene (2.6 - 0.0 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: Unknown lithosratigraphy. From "coast limestone". AGE: Undifferentiated Pleistocene. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: Unknown position within section.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: lithified limestone
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by Condit in 1919; reposited in the USNM
• COLLECTOR: D. C. Condit. REPOSITORY: Not stated, but numbers presumably correspond to USGS collections, hence probably reposited in USNM.
Primary reference: T. W. Vaughan, W. Cooke, D. D. Condit, C. P. Ross, W. P. Woodring and F. C. Calkins. 1921. A geological reconnaissance of the Dominican Republic. Geological Survey of the Dominican Republic Memoir 1:1-268 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy/U. Merkel]more details
Purpose of describing collection: biostratigraphic analysis
PaleoDB collection 75422: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 09.10.2007, edited by Uta Merkel and Wolfgang Kiessling
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)