Where: Peru (4.5° S, 77.6° W: paleocoordinates 10.0° S, 49.6° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• local area-level geographic resolution
When: Chonta Formation, Albian (113.0 - 100.5 Ma)
• LITHOSTRATIGRAPHY: From the Chonta Fm, which overlies the Oriente Fm, and is overlain by the Vivian Fm. AGE: Albian, on the basis of ammonite biostratigraphy. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From unknown position within formation.
• group of beds-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; black shale and siltstone
Size class: macrofossils
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: Probably Knetchtel and others. REPOSITORY: Unknown.
Primary reference: B. Kummel. 1948. Geological reconnaissance of the Contamana region, Peru. Geological Society America Bulletin 59:1217-1265 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: general faunal/floral analysis
PaleoDB collection 88673: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 17.04.2009
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)