Where: Marshall Islands (11.6° N, 165.4° E: paleocoordinates 10.9° N, 167.0° E)
• coordinate estimated from map
• small collection-level geographic resolution
When: Early/Lower Pleistocene (2.6 - 0.8 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From an undifferentiated lithostratigraphic unit. AGE: Early Pleistocene, on the basis of stratigraphic position. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: A composite from several beds within the section of drill core of 200-300 ft.
• group of beds-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: lagoonal or restricted shallow subtidal; poorly lithified, fine-grained, medium, white limestone
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by JTF in 1947; reposited in the UNSM
Collection methods: core,
• COLLECTOR: Operation Crossroads, Joint Task Force One, 1947. REPOSITORY: USNM.
Primary reference: K. O. Emery, J. I. Tracey, and H.S. Ladd. 1954. Geology of Bikini and nearby atolls: Part 1, Geology. United States Geological Survey Professional Paper 260(A):1-265 [A. Miller/A. Hendy/R. McClees-Funinan]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 43338: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 12.08.2004
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)