Also known as GS-8-CUM
Where: Venezuela (10.5° N, 64.2° W: paleocoordinates 10.4° N, 64.0° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• small collection-level geographic resolution
When: Cumana Formation, Pleistocene (2.6 - 0.0 Ma)
• LITHOSTRATIGRAPHY: From the Cumana Formation, for which lithsotratigraphic relations are not discussed. AGE: Pleistocene; stated to be included in the Globorotalia truncatulinoides Zone (Bermudez & boil, 1969; Boli, 1970; Boli, 1972). STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From unknown position within section.
• formation-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; siliciclastic sediments
Size class: macrofossils
Reposited in the NMB
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: Unknown. REPOSITORY: Naturhistorisches Museum Basel, Switzerland (NMB).
Primary reference: P. Jung. 1989. Revision of the Strombina-group (Gastropoda; Columbellidae), fossil and living. Schweierische Paläontologische Abhandlungen 111:1-298 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 131267: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 22.07.2012
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)