Also known as Loc. 11
Where: Baja California Sur, Mexico (30.3° N, 115.8° W: paleocoordinates 34.5° N, 95.4° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Tepetate Formation, Paleocene (66.0 - 56.0 Ma)
• Paleocene and Eocene series are named the Tepetate Formation in Baja California. The strata probably underlie a large part of the region covered by latter rocks, the uppermost beds lapping over the edges of the older formations and lying on the granite of the main range. Unclear whether these are Paleocene or early Eocene. Paleocene assigned by enterer because of presence of C. mathewsoni.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: deltaic; fine-grained, yellow siltstone and sandstone
Size class: macrofossils
Collection methods: quarrying,
• Collection studied and determined by J. Gardner. No known repository.
Primary reference: C. H. Beal. 1948. Reconnaissance of the geology and oil possibilities of Baja California, Mexico. Geological Society of America Memoir 31 [A. Miller/A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: general faunal/floral analysis
PaleoDB collection 43761: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 25.08.2004
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)