Where: Oman (19.0° N, 57.8° E: paleocoordinates 14.6° N, 53.5° E)
• coordinate stated in text
• local area-level geographic resolution
When: Ghubbarah Formation, Aquitanian (23.0 - 20.4 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From the Ghubbarah Fm, which is unconformably overlies the Warak Fm (late Chattian). THICKNESS: Unknown. AGE: early-middle Aquitanian. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: top of section, probably nearly base of formation.
• group of beds-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: lagoonal or restricted shallow subtidal; poorly lithified, shelly/skeletal floatstone
Size class: macrofossils
Preservation: replaced with silica
Collected by Harzhauser, Reuter, Piller, Kroh; reposited in the NHMW
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTORS: Harzhauser, Reuter, Piller, Kroh. REPOSITORY: NHMW (Vienna).
Primary reference: M. Harzhauser. 2007. Oligocene and Aquitanian gastropod faunas from the Sultanate of Oman and their biogeographic implications for the western Indo-Pacific. Palaeontographica Abteilung A 280:75-121 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 75609: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 20.10.2007
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)