Where: India (23.4° N, 68.7° E: paleocoordinates 15.5° N, 66.8° E)
• coordinate stated in text
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Khari Nadi Formation, Chattian (28.1 - 23.0 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From the Khari Nadi, which regionally overlies the Maniyara Fort Fm (Late Oligocene). AGE: Chattian, on the basis of large foraminiferal biostratigraphy (Biwass, 1992). STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From two fossiliferous shell beds of limestone.
• group of beds-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: shallow subtidal; lithified, shelly/skeletal limestone
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by Harzhauser et al in 2008; reposited in the NHMW
Collection methods: surface (float), surface (in situ),
• COLLECTORS: M. Harzhauser and colleagues, c. 2007-2008. REPOSITORY: NHMW, Vienna.
Primary reference: M. Harzhauser, M. Euter, W. E. Piller, B. Berning, A. Kroh and O. Mandic. 2009. Oligocene and Early Miocene gastropods from Kutch (NW India) document an early biogeographic switch from Western Tethys to Indo-Pacific. Palaeontologische Zeitschrift 83:333-372 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: general faunal/floral analysis
PaleoDB collection 111233: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 22.06.2011
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)