Also known as C.63
Where: Haiti (19.3° N, 70.7° W: paleocoordinates 18.4° N, 69.8° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Early/Lower Oligocene to Early/Lower Oligocene (33.9 - 23.0 Ma)
• AGE ASSIGNMENT: Middle Oligocene according to Vaughan et al.. I have assigned this an Early to Late Oligocene age, pending more refined biostratigraphic data. STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From lower part of bluff; beds are steeply tilted.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: coastal; lithified, gray, conglomeratic sandstone
Size class: macrofossils
Collection methods: quarrying,
• COLLECTORS: C.W. Cooke (May 14, 1919). REPOSITORIES: unknown repository, possibly Geological Survey of the Dominican Republic, or the USGS/USNM.
Primary reference: T. W. Vaughan, W. Cooke, D.D. Condit, C.P. Ross, W.P. Woodring and F.C. Calkins. 1921. A geological reconnaissance of the Dominican Republic. Geological Survey of the Dominican Republic Memoir 1 [A. Miller/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: biostratigraphic analysis
PaleoDB collection 61191: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 30.05.2006
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)