Where: Peru (4.3° S, 81.3° W: paleocoordinates 4.7° S, 82.8° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• local area-level geographic resolution
When: Carrizo Member (Taime Formation), Late/Upper Pliocene (3.6 - 2.6 Ma)
• LITHOSTRATIGRAPHY: From the Carrizo Mbr of the Taime Fm, which unconformably overlies paleogene bedrock, and is unconformably overlain by the Mancora Tablazo. AGE: Pliocene, on the basis of macrofossil biostratigraphy. STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: Unclear from what part of the member the collection is derived, so collection should be considered a composite list for the member.
• member-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: coastal; siliciclastic sediments
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by DeVries
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTORS: Presumably T.J. DeVries, c. 1980's. RESPOSITORY: Not stated in text.
Primary reference: T. J. DeVries. 1988. The geology of late Cenozoic marine terraces (tablazos) in northwestern Peru. Journal of South American Earth Sciences 1(2):121-136 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: paleoecologic analysis
PaleoDB collection 97648: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 17.08.2010
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)