Where: North Carolina (34.9° N, 78.1° W: paleocoordinates 35.0° N, 77.2° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• small collection-level geographic resolution
When: Yorktown Formation, Pliocene (5.3 - 2.6 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: Probably from the Yorktown Formation. AGE: Late Pliocene. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: Unknown position within formation.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: coastal; unlithified, coarse-grained, shelly/skeletal sandstone
Size class: macrofossils
Preservation: original aragonite, original calcite
Reposited in the PRI
Collection methods: bulk, sieve,
• COLLECTOR: Unknown. REPOSITORY: PRI, Ithaca. FIDELITY: Moderate ecological fidelity.
Primary reference: A. J. W. Hendy, D. P. Buick, K. V. Bulinski, C. A. Ferguson, and A. I. Miller. 2008. Unpublished census data from Atlantic coastal plain and circum-Caribbean Neogene assemblages and taxonomic opinions. [A. Hendy/A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: paleoecologic analysis
PaleoDB collection 79249: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 28.02.2008
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)