Where: Jamaica (18.2° N, 76.5° W: paleocoordinates 16.9° N, 76.0° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• local area-level geographic resolution
When: Troy Limestone Formation (White Limestone Group), Late/Upper Eocene (37.2 - 33.9 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From the Claremont FM, for which lithostratigraphic relations are not discussed. AGE: Late Eocene. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From unknown position within formation. LITHOSTRATIGRAPHY: Formely placed in the Claremont Fm. Replaced by Troy Limestone in Stevens (2004).
• formation-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; lithified lithology not reported
Size class: macrofossils
Reposited in the BMNH
Collection methods: surface (float), surface (in situ),
• COLLECTORS: Multiple collectors. REPOSITORY: Various repositories, including NHM, Basel and the BMNH, London.
Primary reference: P. Jung. 1972. Mollusks from the White Limestone Group of Jamaica. Memorias de la VI Conferencia Geologica del Caribe - Margarita, Venezuela 465-468 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy/P. Wagner]more details
Purpose of describing collection: biostratigraphic analysis
PaleoDB collection 111544: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 25.06.2011
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)