Where: Oman (19.0° N, 57.8° E: paleocoordinates 13.4° N, 52.4° E)
• coordinate stated in text
• local area-level geographic resolution
When: Warak Formation, Chattian (28.1 - 23.0 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From the Warak Fm, which is unconformably overlies the Shuwayr Fm (latest Rupelian-early Chattian) and is unconformably overlain by the Ghubbarah Fm (Aquitanian). THICKNESS: From section of up to 30 m in thickness. AGE: late Chattian. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: Unknown position within section.
• group of beds-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: shallow subtidal; poorly lithified, shelly/skeletal limestone
Size class: macrofossils
Preservation: replaced with calcite
Collected by Harzhauser, Reuter, Piller, Kroh; reposited in the NHMW
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTORS: Harzhauser, Reuter, Piller, Kroh. REPOSITORY: NHMW (Vienna).
Primary reference: M. Harzhauser. 2007. Oligocene and Aquitanian gastropod faunas from the Sultanate of Oman and their biogeographic implications for the western Indo-Pacific. Palaeontographica Abteilung A 280:75-121 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 75608: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 20.10.2007
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)