Also known as CAS 31209
Where: Yolo County, California (38.5° N, 122.0° W: paleocoordinates 43.8° N, 87.3° W)
• coordinate stated in text
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Funks Formation (Asuncion Group), Santonian (86.3 - 83.6 Ma)
• A local facies of the Funks Formation, in the higher part of the formation, consisting of thick beds of sandstone interdispersed with thinner beds of shale. Some are sparingly fossiliferous, and some are rich, though they are not well preserved. PJW: Was Coniacian, but upper part of Funks is Santonian.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; poorly lithified sandstone and argillaceous shale
Size class: macrofossils
Reposited in the CAS
Collection methods: quarrying,
• Collected and identified by Anderson.
Primary reference: F. M. Anderson. 1958. Upper Cretaceous of the Pacific Coast. Geological Society of America Memoir 71:1-378 [A. Miller/A. Hendy/M. Clapham]more details
Purpose of describing collection: biostratigraphic analysis
PaleoDB collection 44238: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 06.09.2004
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)