Where: Northern Mariana Islands (15.0° N, 145.6° E: paleocoordinates 15.0° N, 148.0° E)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• local area-level geographic resolution
When: Tagpochau Limestone Formation, Early/Lower Miocene (23.0 - 16.0 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From the Tagpochau Lmst, which overlies the Fina Sisu Fm (Early Miocene), and is unconformably overlain by Late Miocene raised terrace deposits and the Mariana Limestone. AGE: Early Miocene on the basis of foraminiferal biostratigraphy. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: Composite list undifferentiated Mariana Limestone localities.
• group of beds-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: lithified limestone
Size class: macrofossils
Preservation: cast, mold/impression
Reposited in the USNM
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTORS: Multiple collectors, including Cloud, Schmidt, and Burke (1948-1949), and Ladd (1958). REPOSITORY: USNM (formely USGS collections).
Primary reference: H. S. Ladd. 1966. Chitons and Gastropods (Haliotidae through Adeorbidae) from Western Pacific Islands. United States Geological Survey Professional Paper 531:1-98 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy/J. Millet]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 77942: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 23.01.2008
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)