Where: Cuba (23.0° N, 81.0° W: paleocoordinates 23.0° N, 80.8° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Pleistocene (2.6 - 0.0 Ma)
• LITHOSTRATIGRAPHY: No lithostratigraphic units named in text. AGE: Pleistocene (Richards 1935, 1962) based on the high proportion of Recent species. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: Terrace up to 350 ft in elevation.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marginal marine; poorly lithified, shelly/skeletal limestone
Size class: macrofossils
Reposited in the CM
• COLLECTORS: Collected by H.G. Richards and R.E. Dickerson (1933). REPOSITORIES: Collections held in the Carnegie Museum.
Primary reference: H. G. Richards. 1935. Pleistocene Mollusks from western Cuba. Journal of Paleontology 9(3):253-258 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 66773: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 15.10.2006
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)